Historic Harrisville

P.O. Box 79
Harrisville, NH 03450


Office Hours
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM


April 21, 2018
10:00 a.m.



Email Newsletter Signup

Almon Harris House, 1835

Almon Harris House, 1835

Almon Harris House, 1835

The third son of Bethuel and Deborah Harris was, for some years, in partnership with his brother Milan. He built his red brick house facing the peaceful canal and backing onto a projection of Harrisville Pond, which has variously been called Brackshin Pond, Twitchell’s Pond, Upper Pond, and Lake Nubaunsit. The house has classic proportions similar to the homes built by Cyrus and Milan Harris, four corner chimneys, and a summer kitchen attached to the side entrance. It serves now as a church parsonage. Owned by the Community Church of Harrisville and Chesham.

Looking up canal, Almon Harris House on right
Photo from the HHI Archives